Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Mauro's WR #7
Please reflect on your progress to date. What have you accomplished so far? How much of a start do you have on your project? What gaps do you see now? What do we need to fill in those gaps?


Oddly enough, I had planned on spending these few days on CPR, and did a little bit, but, as it so often does, the world got in the way. Basically, for reasons outside my control, I didn't have access to the materials I needed to set up my CPR assignment, so, while I am ready to set it up and not at all stressed about that prospect, I have not progressed very far on that aspect of my project.

However, to fill time, I started to tinker with my Moodle account with the ultimate goal of streamlining my web presence at least from the perspective of my students (weirdly, this means I have more accounts in more places, but you all know how that goes). So yesterday, I managed to move a wiki from my Moodle site to PBwiki (password=Eureka) where I have a bit more flexibility, post two assignment blogs, and I learned how to use Google Pages and posted two handout web pages that link directly to the HW blogs.

My gaps are all associated with time and access to files at EHS (which is under construction at the moment). I'm sure the gaps will be filled in time. Now I just need to get my students as excited about this stuff as I am...

Cool stuff, Mauro. I bet your students think you are pretty cool and appreciate the cutting edge technology experience. (: Thanks for all your help thus far. Vicki

Wow! I'm impressed! carnold

Thanks Mauro, I have loved working with you this summer, you make me laugh. Sandi Moon